Friday, October 24, 2008

Meeting Ellianna

Well, as many of you know, I was not going to be able to go home yesterday for the birth of my neice. But, at about 3:30 I just couldn't take it anymore! So, Jared and I Jumped in the car at about 5:00 yesterday and drove to Nashville to meet this beautiful little girl!Ellianna Michelle was born at 12:23pm central time on October 23 and was 17 3/4 inches long. She weighed 4 pounds and 15 ounces, which is a correction from my previous blog post.

She was not expected to be so tiny. At Sara's ultrasound 2 weeks ago, the baby measured at 5 1/2 pounds. So, it was quite a suprise that she was so small. But, she is healthy and happy! Right now she is just spending lots of time in the incubator to keep her body temperature up.

Hopefully I will have lots more pictures to post soon. Right now I just have these from my camera phone. We actually remembered to take our camera this time, but we forgot to use it!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so, so precious!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Jennifer said...

Send our congrats to Sara

Jason and Rachel said...

Beautiful!!!! Can't wait to meet her!

enigmatic said...

Just wanted to note that my daughter was a dainty 4 pounds, 15 1/4 ounces. So she IS tiny, and we are totally in love

jaredandkatie said...

Yeah, I couldn't seem to get the weight right on any of my posts. But, I have corrected it now!

The Shingletons said...

oh I'm so excited! I hadn't heard! I decided to get on your blog and see how you were! I haven't been on mine in so long. Anyway, tell her congratulations! We have prayed for this sweet baby girl! I can't believe she is so tiny. Did she have any problems?? She is soooo beautiful!
Shawnah