Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sweet Foot Action!

Because my brothers have convinced me to run a marathon with them, I have been trying to train, but there is a little problem. I am having massive foot pain; however, there is a solution...orthopedics. I have to get custom shoe inserts to fit my very high arches. I haven't been able to train the last two weeks, but I'm trying to stay up on it by riding a bike and using an elliptical machine (I can do these because they're low impact on my feet). I know this is a random thing to post about, but I really wanted to put my xray up. If you look closely to the side view of the foot you will notice that my heel bone (very technical term) is angled much higher than it should be, or at least thats what I'm told. My arch is about 50 degrees, but a normal arch is around 15-20 degrees. Anyway, that has caused me to have plantar fasciitis. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone just in case you're wondering. Currently, we are taking donations to cover the cost of the $500 shoe insert recommended by our doctor.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Just for your information, the "heel bone" is the calcaneus. For some reason, I still prefer heel bone.