Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cheesecake, Tractors, & Curtains, Oh My!

Well, let me just say, we had a big weekend! We started on Wednesday night with our Valentine's Celebration. Now, I am not typically one to celebrate commercial holidays, but it was nice to take some time out to celebrate our marriage and the gift of love that God has blessed us with. We ate dinner together at home and then did a little shopping. We finished the evening at the Cheesecake Factory with some cheesecake and coffee. I know all of the desserts at the Cheesecake Factory are wonderful, but I would definitely recommend the Raspberry Lemon Cheesecake!
On Thursday night Jared's parents arrived in town for the annual Farm Machinery show. Just in case you're wondering, this is a BIG DEAL! I wasn't able to go, but Jared and his parents spent the day Friday looking at some really large Farm Machinery. Here are a few pictures just to help you understand how HUGE some of this stuff is. Lynn said, "This tractor is ready for the sippy hole." I guess because of the tall and skinny tires.


Patsy hanging out inside the rim of a combine.


We ended Friday with a yummy dinner at Claudia Sander's dinner house. You see, Colonel Sanders and his wife Claudia used to live in Shelbyville. After they got out of the KFC business, they opened this restaurant in Shelbyville. It is some good ole country cookin'!

Now, one of the things that Jared's mom brought me this weekend was a sewing machine. She also taught me some of the basics of sewing. With her help (and lots of it), I was able to sew this curtain for Jared's office. This being my first sewing project, I am quite proud of myself. And, for future reference, Wal Mart is no longer selling fabric in any of its new stores and is phasing it out of all the old stores. We found that out the hard way!

Sunday morning, Jared had the opportunity to preach in "Big Church." Now, I realize that I am biased, but he did an amazing job! My husband truly has the gift of communicating (to large groups of people, that is!). Anyway, it was definitely a great finish to a very busy weekend.

We hope you guys all had a great Valentine's weekend. Love you all!