Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Bring on the Spring!!!

Let me just say...I am TIRED of cold weather!!! Before moving to Kentucky, many people told us that the winters in Kentucky wouldn't be much different than those in Tennessee. Well, I can officially say to all of you: YOU WERE WRONG! If you keep up with our blog, you saw a picture from several weeks ago when we got our first snow. I think we only got about 1 inch that night. The picture below is from our second snow, where we got about 4 inches. At this point, the cold weather, snow thing was pretty exciting. Then, we got our third snow...and didn't bother to take any pictures...because it was getting old...and then we got our ice storm last week. Again...no pictures. It was very interesting watching Jared trying to scrape the inch of ice off of the car so we could slide into work. Now, we're at the end of February, and it's snowing...again. It has been all day. Will it ever end?!?!?!? I just long for the days that we walked outside and the wind chill was above 10.

Anyway, I am done whining, because it is not all bad. There are two major benefits to the cold weather.(1)Lots of snuggling (2) Getting to drink hot chocolate from my super-cute snowman mugs. I got these mugs on sale in Nashville, IN a couple of weeks ago. The set of 4 mugs (formerly $50) was marked down to $12, so, I jumped at the good deal.

The Winter Wonderland

Super-Cute Snowman Mugs

Have a nice night...and stay warm!

2 comments:

The Loxley Family said...

Hey! Well I'm not quite sick of the snow yet, but I sure can't wait for spring. I can't believe you got that much snow! I just read the Donkey blog- oh my gosh! How awesome. I want pics!

Susan Garland said...

Wow, those are super cute snowman mugs! Wish I had some.
Love you,
Mom