Monday, February 11, 2008

Good Ole' George


This past week I (Jared) had the privilege to read this book. I inhaled it, and I never read books the way I did this one. It was challenging to my faith and prayer life. It was encouraging to my personal walk with Christ. It continually brought my thoughts to the throne of God and the work of God. I want to make the statement that this is the best book I've ever read.

This book is simply a recount of the life of George Muller. The majority of it is written from his journal entries and the entries of his wives (he is not a polygamist). To give you a simple taste of this life, he was humble and focused on making sure his life glorified Christ. As a result of his discipline and commitment, Muller ran an orphanage for over 2,000 children in the mid 1800's by faith alone, never asking one person for any money. Through consistent prayer, Muller asked God to provide the means to serve the children. Muller's faith is an example to us all of how we should treat God, prayer, and the Bible. Muller had 30,000 prayers answered within 24 hrs of praying it the first time. The best part of it all is that Muller was simply a common man with a focus and a passion. We can all be this way!

Shorter Biography of George Muller
George Muller Article

The Foundations George Muller Originally Started
The George Muller Foundation

The Book

No comments: