Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Big City Girl...

...Living in a Small Town World! As most of you know, I wasn't 100% sold on living in a town smaller than the population of my high school. But, it really hasn't been too bad. I mean, I do have to drive over to the next town if I want to grocery shop and we only have 2 restaurants in our sleepy little town. But, it definitely has its perks and today was proof! When I went to the community center to vote, I was prepared to wait in line as usual. But, would you believe I was in and out of there in 10 minutes?! Maybe this small town stuff isn't so bad after all!

So to all of you back home who waited in line for 2 hours to vote today, I send my deepest sympathies!

1 comment:

The Shingletons said...

I loved living in a small town for 3 years. After we had been there about 6 months, I asked Kent what he thought about it. He said it drove him crazy that you couldn't go to the grocery store without having to talk to 25 people you knew. He asked me what I thought, I said, "I love that you can go to the grocery store and talk to 25 people you know!"