Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Shopping Chaos

Every year it seems like Jared and I have more and more Christmas gifts to buy. Though I LOVE buying gifts for others, it seems like the entire Christmas season is marred by that nagging thought of "I still need to do some Christmas shopping." It's something that I dread doing every year. So, last year we decided our goal would be to complete all Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. That way, the entire Christmas season can be devoted to enjoying time together and with our families. Last year we were successful and I am glad to say that as of last night, we are 3 gifts away from being DONE! I must say, it makes the Christmas shopping a lot more fun when you have a goal set and are successful at achieving it.

One final note on the Christmas shopping...The past two weekends my mom and I have gone to do some Christmas shopping, once in Nashville and once in Louisville. If our nation is in a recession, no one has noticed yet! Because, let me tell you, every mall parking lot was packed and there were lines out the door in almost every place we shopped. The restaurants were packed and it didn't look like anyone was worried about spending their money. So either the whole recession thing is a myth or people are just running up their credit card bills without a care. I'm sure it's probably a little of both.
On a more exiting note...Elli went to the doctor this week and she has gained a whole pound since birth. She is now a whopping 5 pounds and 15 ounces (I think I got it right this time!). And everything checked out well. Here is a picture of her all decked out in pink.

No comments: