Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm MAD!!! And now you have to hear about it!

So, I'm really angry right now and I'm in a place where I just want everyone to know how angry I actually am. So, sadly for you, you get to listen to my rant.

Recently, I purchased Windows 7 for my HP Presario laptop. This was an upgrade from Vista and has been mostly a GREAT choice! However, there is one little kink that I can't get worked out. The mouse pad is now SOOOOO sensitive that every time the palm of my hand gets anywhere near it, it "clicks." Now, depending on where the mouse is at that time, it either moves my cursor to a completely different place on the page, thus I begin typing in the middle of a totally different paragraph. OR, sometimes it hi-lights and deletes something completely. And then sometimes it just completely closes out a page. It can make typing a simple email a 10 minute ordeal. It's very annoying and it makes getting my work done very slow, difficult and frustrating.

So, I've have googled everything I know how to google and have had no luck fixing it. Several people are having the same problem, I've found, however, no one can seem to answer the question of how to fix it. I've seen the forums where someone posts a question and then someone else comes along and tries to answer it. NO ONE has been able to help with this that I can find. People say go to such and such setting and change this...But, when I try to do that I either don't have that setting at all or I don't have what they say to change.

So, anyway, as frustrating as all that is, that's just the background. That's not why I'm mad. Today, I'd had enough of this little problem. So, I found a customer service number for HP and called to find out what settings needed to be changed in order to fix this very annoying problem. After being on hold/on the phone for 1 hour and with 5 different people (that's how many times it took for them to route me to the correct department) the "customer service" guy informs me that if I want any technical support, that I would need to purchase a $100 warranty.

Excuse me??? I paid $1,000 for this computer and that doesn't give me the right to call you and ask you how to change a setting so that it will actually WORK right?!?!?! I actually repeated it back to the guy and he told me that I had understood him correctly.

Now, I am not one to yell at customer service people. Honestly, I know they are just doing what they are told and it's not their fault that I don't like their answer to something. But, today, I kinda lost it. I might have yelled at him, told him that that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard and that not only did I not want to buy his "warranty" but I would never be buying anything from HP again. Then, I might have hung up. Might have...

It's kind of ironic that my quiet time yesterday was talking about not losing our temper over things we can't control...I guess I failed the first test :( And now, I'm just feeling bad for yelling at the poor customer service guy who's probably hating his job and just working to pay to feed his family of 10 kids. I am no closer to having my problem fixed and nothing has been made better by me being angry. So, thanks for listening...it's been therapeutic. Oh, and if you're shopping for a computer...just save yourself some trouble and buy a mac!

No comments: