Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Quarter-of-a-Century!

This past Tuesday, Jared celebrated 25 years of existence! I always like Jared's birthday because it's the beginning of 5 months where I am only 1 year older than he is. Come, September I'll be 27 and back to being 2 years older than my hubby.

We started celebrating last Friday. We planned to go to our favorite restaurant Buca di Beppo, but when we got there the wait was an hour and we were pretty hungry. So, we went on over to Smokey Bones and enjoyed a quiet dinner before heading home. Monday, Jared, his dad and two other ministers here went to golf at a really nice course called Old Shiloh. I won this free foursome at a KAED golf scramble I worked last spring. So, it was free which made it a great "Present."

On Tuesday, Jared's actual birthday, he had a long day of classes. I was able to get off work a little early and take him to Cattleman's Steakhouse and Homemade Pie and Ice Cream for dessert before he had to be back at church for a meeting.

Wednesday night we all had church stuff and then last night we finally made it to Buca di Beppo for our favorite Penne Basillica and the free birthday cupcake which was almost as big as Jared's head. It was so good though!

We will finish up our week of celebrating with a quick visit to Knoxville to visit with Jared's family and see our month old nephew!

I'd say that's a pretty good birthday week! Love you babe!

2 comments:

Sara Couch said...

Happy birthday, Jared! I'd like to go to Bucca di bepo for my birthday please!

Casey said...

That cupcake looks amazing. My mouth is watering. How far do I have to drive to get one of those?