Wednesday, April 21, 2010

7 Months Today!

We are officially 7 months along today. That means we are just about 12 weeks (or less!) away from meeting the boy that will turn our world upside down!

I was reading something the other day that was saying the mother really starts to bond with the baby when she can regularly feel the baby move. I couldn't agree more! I am learning he's very active (gets that from his daddy), a night owl (gets that from his mommy), and very stubborn (No clue where that came from!!!). Carter can be moving all over the place, but the second Jared puts his hand anywhere near my stomach, he refuses to move. Jared's caught him a couple of times, which is good, but I wish he could feel his son moving around more often!

So far the total weight gain count is 18 pounds. It's strange to me that all the books you read say in the beginning that you should only gain about 20 pounds, but then at 28 weeks it says average weight gain is 17-22 pounds. Either way, I am right on track--I think! We did our glucose test last Friday and everything came back normal, so that's a good sign. We've been seeing a different doctor in our practice who is much nicer and doesn't make me feel stupid when I ask questions, so that's definitely an improvement! I am getting used to sleeping on my side, which has made the back pain much less frequent. So, as I enter the third trimester, I am happy to report that things are going great--really can't complain about much!

Exercise is getting more difficult with the additional weight. I asked my doctor at what point I should slow down on the exercise and she said as long as I'm not in pain, to keep on doing it. She then mentioned I may have a contraction or two while exercising, but not to worry. To a new mom who's never delivered a baby...the word contraction always brings worry! So, in true fashion, today when I was about 1/2 mile into my walk with Asher, my left side started hurting with stabbing pain. Contraction??? Maybe, but it definitely wasn't pleasant. So, I will probably only be taking walks if Jared is along with me.

Speaking of Jared...he is only a week and a half away from the end of classes this semester. Then, he'll have finals and 2 summer classes. Then, he's done. Yippee!!!


No comments: