Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Our Newest Addition...

This past Friday, Jared's brother Jason and his wife Rachel welcomed their son Caleb into the world. Jared and I had the opportunity to spend Saturday in Knoxville to visit with our new nephew and the rest of Jared's family. Caleb came 2 weeks early but he weighed in at 6 pounds and 10 ounces and completely healthy.
It was...interesting...to be in the hospital as I am anticipating the birth of my own son. I was trying really hard not to make our time there about "me" because it was certainly not my day, but I have to admit, it was hard not to ask questions the whole time we were there and to dwell on the fact that I would soon be going through all of this. Honestly, though, I've decided ignorance is bliss because I would have rather not known the answer to some of the questions I asked.
Anyway, whatever I go through during the birth of our son, it will be worth it. But, we all know I'm a worrier. And let me tell you, the worrying has begun!
And just in case you're wondering, the "C" names are just coincidence, but Carter and Caleb will be pretty cute together!

3 comments:

Sara Couch said...

There's no point worrying. It's too late to turn back now. Carter's coming whether you worry or not. Save your worries for after he gets here. After all, the birth is only about a day, but then you get to take him home for the next 18 or so years. :-)

jaredandkatie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jaredandkatie said...

Thanks, I feel much better. Wait??? No I don't! ;)