Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh My, Maternity Clothes Already!

So, I am 15 weeks along in my pregnancy. So far I have only gained 2 pounds total (yay!). So, the thought that I am ready for maternity clothes seems strange to me, however, my pants and shirts are definitely getting tighter! As for the shirts, I understand the tightness. That is mostly thanks to what Jared lovingly calls the "Milk Bombs" (I'll let you figure out what he's referring to) and some growth in the belly. But it seems strange to me that my belly has grown enough to make my pants so tight, yet my baby is only the size of a softball.

Anyway, I've digressed! The whole point of this post is the transformation I went through this morning thanks to a cute maternity shirt Jared's aunt got me for Christmas. I decided to wear a pair of black dress pants that have elastic in the waste to work so that I would have a little more "give" when I sat down. I happened upon this really cute black and grey striped maternity shirt that Jared's Aunt Jan got for me. I put it on and all of the sudden, I actually looked pregnant. Oh the freedom it brings to "look" pregnant and not just "feel" bloated all of the time!

I had been really hesitant to put any maternity clothes on because I didn't want people think I was trying too hard to look pregnant. But while reading my pregnancy book last night, the tip for week 15 was to go ahead and start wearing maternity clothes now. They mentioned that a lot of women just wear baggy things or things that are too tight for the same reason I was just sucking it in as best I could. Their suggestion was to just go for it. That not only would you look better, but you would feel better because maternity clothes are made for the changes your body is experiencing. So, today, I bit the bullet. For awhile me and Jared just laughed at the suddenly pregnant woman I saw in the mirror. But I have to admit, I feel great. It really is nice to be able to breathe again...I highly recommend it! Looks like I need to do some shopping for more maternity clothes!

2 comments:

lauraknight said...

Hi, Katie. I am so excited for you and Jared! I did not realize you were pregnant until I sat down this morning to catch up on some blog reading. I hope you are feeling well and enjoying every day. It is such a special time. Congratulations!!

jaredandkatie said...

Thanks Laura! We are pretty excited :)