Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a...

Well we got to see our little man again today...that's right...It's a boy! The Ultrasound Technician said that it was a definite male, no mistake about it. So, we no longer have to call our baby "it." We can officially call him Carter.

The Ultrasound itself went pretty well. The baby's heart rate was about 150 today which is right in the middle of the desired range. The body seems to be forming perfectly. Apparently the baby is really cozy in the womb. Today he was sleeping on his stomach all during the ultrasound (he gets that from me and Jared-we are both stomach sleepers!). She poked and prodded and tried everything to get him to roll over so she could get a better look at his heart, but he wouldn't budge. She was able to see all 4 Chambers, which is where they look for most birth defects, but she couldn't really see anything else concerning his heart. We will have another Ultrasound in about 6 weeks to double check everything. It was so sweet to see our little baby again. She said his head was resting near my aorta, which was why he was so comfy. The sound of the blood pumping is apparently very soothing. After she told me that, I felt bad that we were trying to wake him up and get him to roll over!

So far I am 17 weeks and 5 days along. Total pregnancy weight gain is 6 pounds. If you're wondering why I'm reporting my weight gain on our blog, it's because I am trying to hold myself accountable to keeping my weight healthy. So feel free to keep me in check if you see me eating a cheeseburger!

Our next appointment will be around the 2nd week of March. So, I will be busying myself with looking for cute boy stuff for our nursery. I had found a lot I liked for a little girl, but not much for boys. So, hopefully I will find what I'm looking for soon!


Here's his profile
And here you can see his anatomy. Hopefully he won't be scarred for life by me putting this on my blog!
Thanks for checking in on us!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Katie,
I love hearing about your pregnancy. Thanks for all the information and I'm glad it's going so smoothly. I'm impressed by your 6 pounds. NICE WORK!

jaredandkatie said...

Thanks Casey! And I heard that your family is expecting a little boy in July, too! Congrats!

jaredandkatie said...

And by your family, I mean Courtney...I'd hate to start rumors about you and Jake!!! :)